Friday, April 5, 2013

picnics & pups

On Tuesday Steve called me on his way home from bishopric:

Steve: Hey, put on a sweatshirt and some shoes, then grab two cups and the ranch and meet me out front right now.
Me: ....okay... why?
Steve: Just do it. I LOVE YOU!
Me: ...love you too....

I did as instructed.

He drove me to the park. When we got out, he gave me one single red rose, told me he loved me, and said we were going to have a picnic. 
So we did.




Of course there were two dogs at the park wanting our gourmet hot-n-ready pizza.
They kept there distance at first.

But they slowly crept in...
 

 Until they were basically sitting on my lap.


Steve had sympathy for them so when we were done he fed them my pepperoni's. 
He's a softy.


 Though this picnic is a small thing to some, it's everything to me. 
I love Steve. So dang much.
He always tells me that I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him, but I feel like I got the better end of the deal. He's so patient with me and the kindest person I've ever met in my ENTIRE life. It doesn't matter if he's known you his whole life or for five minutes, he would give his all to help you in any way you needed it.
Honestly, he's Christlike in everything he does.
I'm so grateful our baby boy has such a wonderful example to look up to.
Whenever I start to freak out about raising a child, it calms me down to know that I have the best partner for the job.
Team Warby. We got this.

 

1 comment: