Monday, May 14, 2012

coWboy up

So Steve and I were FINALLY able to visit the family in Aurora this weekend and we definitely picked the right weekend to go.
 For those of you who don't know, my family is a farmin' family.
Born and raised cowgirl right here.
My lovely husband on the other hand, is not.
He is often the target of many jokes when he walks in wearing flip flops and shorts because honestly, I have never even seen my own father wear anything but wranglers. 
But one of the wonderful things about Steve is that he takes these types of things very well and plays a long. 

Back to my point.

This weekend was the annual 15 mile cattle drive and Steve and I both went.
This was only Steve's second time on a horse and for riding 15 miles, HE WAS A CHAMP.


We even got him in chaps and boots. (Hottie, right?)


Not many people will jump so far out of their element and do it with a smile but that is definitely one of the things I love most about Steve.
He knew it was important to me so he "saddled up."
He truly is a gem.




I've got to be honest, I was a little worried about my riding skills from being away from home for so long AND being put on a horse that my dad warned me might buck...
Rest assured however, I managed to stay on top of the horse instead of under it.




Although we are both a little sore, It was definitely a good time.
To anyone who has never ridden a horse before: Put it on your bucket list. 
You won't regret it. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment