Tuesday, April 24, 2012

oH life and her lessons

Life has taken an interesting turn for the sk-Warby family.

1. We have decided to move from our cupboard-less, half walls of a house and venture into a completely different world consisting of an actual bath tub and full length walls. What will we do with all of this luxury? 

However, this unknown world I speak of won't exactly be available until the twenty-fifth day of May. This would be wonderful if we didn't have to be out of our current humble abode on the tenth day of May. (There should be a law saying it's illegal to have someone move out on their birthday. They should get AT LEAST a fifteen day advanced living quarters for that.)

So... currently, we will be homeless for precisely fifteen days.
No worries though. Luckily we have AMAZING family that has offered their living space and bathroom facilities so generously.
Steve says it doesn't really matter where we stay as long as we're together.
I believe him.

2. And since being homeless for two weeks wasn't exciting enough, our car decided it wanted to add to the adventure.
When we were being good little family members and driving to Richfield for my cousin Jaren's Benefit Auction, our beautiful little baby Stef (that's what we call her) decided she wanted to overheat.


The results:
A blown gasket
Cracked thermostat housing
(and the kicker) a warped or possibly cracked head

Translation: $$$$$

It may be time for us to retire our baby Stefani, (you know, like Gwen Stefani) and get an actual legit adult car that has automatic windows and door locks. 

Call me a baby, but it makes me really sad to think about getting rid of this car. I'm realizing I get way too attached to things, making this transition a dreaded one.


BUT, thus is life. 

And even though we have a lot of changes; some annoying, some sad, and some dreaded, coming in the next few weeks, we still know we are extremely blessed to have these new experiences and life lessons. 



AND even though I'm mean and ornery about our situation sometimes, I'm glad God knew to send me Steven. 

He keeps us both, sain and happy.


So all in all, life is definitely 'going' for us, and we are well!

 

2 comments:

  1. so, is it okay that I found your little blog and kind of lurked around it a bit for a while? because I just think you are the cutest! :) glad I found ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, trust me, the mister and i will be homeless for three weeks while we search for a new place. thank goodness for such amazing family letting us back in for a while ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete