Tuesday, April 17, 2012

hoPe




This past semester I have been interning at Canyon Creek Women's Crisis Center and I have grown to love the place as well as the people in it. This Friday they had a fundraiser at many of the local restaurants and I was lucky enough to be a host at the lovely Costa Vida.

To be honest, it was extremely awkward standing/sitting around for three hours while I waited patiently for people to come in before I would pounce and inform them about our fundraiser and how much we appreciated them coming.  

Some people gave me the "I really couldn't care less what you have to say" look,

and others gave me the nod but at least humored me long enough to hear my spill,

and my favorite kind, the people who actually cared and were interested in our cause.
To you people, THANK YOU.

Thank you for having a kind heart

Thank you for not making me feel like a crummy host

and THANK YOU for actually donating money.

It's beautiful people like you that make the world awesome.

So I thank you, and CCWCC thanks you!


Also, a sidenote, while I was sitting/standing looking all awkard and such, my wonderful Steven with a 'V' came and sat with me for the last hour because he knew I felt like a weirdy. Who couldn't love him?

For that, he received this:


Life is good people. Donate your dollars!!



No comments:

Post a Comment